We want our users to feel confident that their privacy is being respected. This page explains the information we collect, how we use it and under what circulmstances (if any) we disclose it.
Information Collection and Use:
For each visitor to our website, our webserver automatically recognises only the visitor's domain name, not their email address.
The information we collect is:
- never shared with other organisations for commercial purposes
- used to provide more relevant content and to make the site more user-friendly
The types of information we collect are:
- This site collects cookies (see Wikipedia definition of cookies)
- We allow you to comment on articles and participate in a community discussion forum.
- We allow you to add locations to a shared map
- We allow you to share your content
- We provide an audit questionnaire
- We publish an email newsletterand will never sell or share our subscribers' email addresses.
- We track your use of the website
We use industry-standard encryption technologies when transferring and receiving data exchanged with our site. When we transfer and receive certain types of sensitive information such as financial or health information, we redirect visitors to a secure server (you can confirm this by checking for a padlock in your browser status bar). We have appropriate security measures in place in our physical facilities to prevent against the loss, misuse or alteration of information that we have collected from you at our site.
Notification of changes:
We are committed to resolving disputes. If problems arise, users may contact us using the contact details below.
Privacy Officer: Miriam Pepper
Email: privacy [at] unitingearthweb [dot] org [dot] au