Forest Advocacy Ministry
A desperate need, and an exciting opportunity, to protect God’s good Creation
Vision for the project
- Work with others to achieve a rapid end to industrial native forest logging in NSW.
- Increase the involvement of Christians in efforts for forest protection.
- Offer pastoral care and support to forest defenders.
- Acknowledge, encourage and support spiritual connection with the earth/Earth.
Help us to support forest friends and defenders on the NSW north coast and engage the wider church in the importance of protecting our forests. The ministry will also provide resources and opportunities to connect with Creation.
Give to our crowdfunder
Give by direct deposit
BSB: 634 634
Account number: 100045736
Account Name: Mid North Coast Presbytery General Account
Reference: Forest Advocate
Learn more about the ministry
- Read about our goals, activities and plans
- Read article in Insights magazine
- Contact us at [email protected]
Sign up to receive updates
- Subscribe to our Uniting Earth e-newsletter from our homepage
- Like our Facebook page
- Join our Facebook group
Become a citizen scientist
Wherever you live, you can join citizen scientists to help to protect remnant native forest inside plantation areas. Help online from your home or in the forests. Contact us at [email protected] for more information.
See advocacy requests from the NSW Nature Conservation Council and the Bob Brown Foundation.
forest defenders and supporters- Jon O’Brien
forest canopy- Phil Dokmanovic
bleeding sap- Jason John
dancing tree- source unknown
citizen scientists- Miriam Pepper
logged stump- Jason John